2014/04/21

Sandra - Maria Magdalena



You take my love
You want my soul
I would be crazy to share your life
Why can't you see what I am
Sharpen the senses and turn the knife
Hurt me and you'll understand

I'll never be Maria Magdalena
(You're a creature of the night)
Maria Magdalena
(You're a victim of the fight)


(You need love)
Promise me delight
(You need love)

Why must I lie
Find alibis
When will you wake up and realize
I can't surrender to you
Play for affection and win the prize
I know those party games too



Every fan of hits of 80s, knows well the song "Maria Magdalena", one of the greatest classics from the 80s and interpreted by singer Sandra Cretu, with your kind of beauty, and style that marked women of this rich decade. But few people know, Sandra is German, and who also managed several other big hits in their native language.

Sandra Menges, Sandra Ann Lauer, or just Sandra is a German singer and actress who is currently living in Ibiza, Spain. Born on May 18, Saarbrücken, Germany.


One of these successes was “Japan Ist Weit” it was nothing more than a German version of hit “Big in Japan”, of Alphaville. Sandra's version is almost identical to the original, but the end result is very interesting!
More curious is trying to connect the S red. 
And finding a song previously unknown to me, Hiroshima land of birth Sayashi Red Riho.
This fitting Red S, will follow
Sandra - Hiroshima
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiB8rjGcCE4




Sandra got a hit in 1985 with single "(I'll Never Be) Maria Magdalena". This song topped the charts in 41 countries worldwide, and reached the Top 10 in over 20 countries. His first album, The Long Play (1985), reached number 12 in their home country. Remained in the German Top 20 for 16 weeks, while in Sweden "Maria Magdalena" spent 4 weeks at number one. In Brazil was the theme of the novel Selva de Pedra, Rede Globo, and remained at number 1 on local charts for over 15 weeks. The following single "In The Heat Of The Night" continued its successful worldwide, reaching number 2 in Germany and the Top 5 in France and Brazil. The song also won first place at the Tokyo Music Festival in 1986.


Nenhum comentário: